My food allergies
Because of my food allergies, my vegetianism, and my diabetic diet,
what I can eat is somewhat restricted compared to a typical American
This is a list of foods I must avoid because the
results are sufficient to send me to the emergency room.
This is a list of foods I limit because the results could bad enough
over repeated exposure to be unpleasant.
- tree nuts (like walnuts and pecans, peanuts and cashews are OK)
- whole grains (like whole wheat, barley, bulgur, and buckwheat)
therefore, beer is out (but refined wheat products are OK)
- chickpeas (can be sneaky if it's been made into flour)
- soy (beans and products like tofu)
This is a list of foods I avoid both because of my allergies
and because I'm a vegetarian (and have been for about 20 years).
- red meat (dead mammals)
- white meat (dead birds)
- fish (or anything else with a backbone, for that matter)
My diabetic diet limits me to small quantities of foods. I avoid foods
high in fat. I'm following an ADA carbohydrate-counting diet (with
which I have lost about 50 pounds in 9 months).
- cheese cake
- snack chips (although sometimes I'll have up to an ounce if it
fits into my meal plan)
- other fatty snack foods
This is a list of foods I avoid because I don't like them.
Last modified: Sun Mar 14 11:07:11 CST 1999